PhD research subjects on “Ab-initio electronic structure, theoretical spectroscopy”
1. Theoretical study of Structural, electronic, optical, and magnetic properties of nanostructures and low-dimensional systems. (Giovanni Onida, Nicola Manini, Guido Fratesi).
2. Many-body effects in the optical properties from first-principles (Giovanni Onida, Guido Fratesi).
Specifically, PhD research projects can be based on theoretical and/or computational investigations of:
- energy materials
- nanostructured and/or nanometric magnetic systems
- surfaces and adsorbed molecules.
The adopted methods and techniques will include:
- density functional theory, including methodological developments;
- theoretical spectroscopy from first principles;
- models of classical and quantum spins.